Holy Comforter Anglican Fellowship seeks to be a catalyst of God's love to the people of St. Lawrence and northern New York.
Our worship and spirituality are rooted in the historic tenets of Anglicanism (the Book of Common Prayer; the 39 Articles; Homilies; and the GAFCON Jerusalem Statement of 2008).
- God’s Word is faithfully proclaimed and taught (Isaiah 53.1; Romans 10.17; John 20.30,31)
- All members seek to grow in familiarity with the truths of the Scripture (Psalm 119.105; Joshua 1.8; Romans 15.4)
- We offer hope and care to people who need it (2 Corinthians 1.4; Romans 1.12; 1 Thessalonians 5.11)
- Providing a portion of one’s finances to support the ministry (2 Corinthians 9.6-8; Acts 20.35; Romans 12.20)
- Influencing those around us for Christ (2 Corinthians 5.20; Matthew 5.16)
- Communicating with God is essential to live the Christians life (Philippians 4.6,7; Ephesians 6.18; 1 Timothy 2.1))
- We regularly offer praise, thanksgiving, attributing worth to God (Psalm 119.175; Psalm 95.6; Hebrews 12.28)
- People immediately related to one another by marriage or birth are our primary source of community (Deuteronomy 6.4-7; Psalm 127.3)
- Humanity is created lives relating to and enjoying one another life (Hebrews 10.24; Acts 2.42)
- Communicating God’s truth in a way that people who aren’t like us can understand (John 1.5; 2 Corinthians 10.15-16)
Historic Christian roots:
- We acknowledge, embrace, and learn from previous generations (Joshua 1.7; 1 John 2.7)